It is important when dealing with your personal data that you are fully aware, and that any decisions that you take concerning your data are fully informed. Please read the notice below, before giving consent.
At Scouting Ireland, and in the 23rd Limerick Scout Group, we treat your personal data with the utmost importance and respect. Scouting Ireland and the 23rd Limerick Scout Group are joint controllers of your personal data; if you have any queries related to the 23rd Limerick Scout Group’s use of your personal data, please contact Barry Kennedy ([email protected])
Why we collect data, and what data we collect
We collect the minimum amount of data for the purposes of being able to administer our scouting programme. We collect the following required data:
- Identification details – name, and date of birth, so that we know who our members are
- Parent/guardian contact details – postal address, email address, mobile number, so that we can contact you about our programme, activities, and related matters
If you consent to provide it, we will also collect:
- Health data – for our members’ well-being we wish to obtain certain health information about your child from you, such as allergies, dietary intolerances, medications that are being used, and anything else which may inform or affect our programme and our members’ participation and enjoyment. Health data will not be gathered from you without your explicit consent.
- Emergency Contact Data – who to contact in the event of emergency, if we are unable to contact you
Other information that we may gather, from time to time, includes:
- Photographs – Scouting is fun, and we like to be able to remember how much fun it was, and tell other people about it. We often take photographs during our activities, and your child may appear in some of them
- Gender – we strongly supporter gender diversity; this data helps us ensure that our facilities cater to everyone’s needs.
- Dietary Data – so that we can ensure that specific needs are appropriately catered for
Whom can access your personal data
The data we collect is only accessible to adult members of the 23rd Limerick Scout Group, and to administrative staff in Scouting Ireland.
Whom we might share your personal data with
In general, we do not share your or your child’s personal data with anyone outside of the 23rd Limerick Scout Group, or Scouting Ireland. For promotional purposes, from time to time we may post photographs of our activities onto our web or Facebook page; when we post photographs, we never tag them, or identify the children in them, without explicit permission.
Circumstances may arise making it necessary to share your or your child’s data with:
- Medical personnel
- Emergency services
- Law enforcement agencies
- Our insurers
We will only share your data in these circumstances when required to by law, or when it is in our legitimate interests, or when it is in your or child’s vital interests for us to do so.
How long we keep your data for
In general, we will retain your information only for the duration of your child’s membership. For historical/archival purposes, we retain the names of our members (and the period of their membership) and photographs of events. If we gather health data, we will keep it only for the duration of your child’s membership.
Security measures in place
[Statement on specific Scout Group’s appropriate safeguards for personal data]
We do not transfer any of your or your child’s data to any country outside of the European Economic Area unless we have your explicit consent.
The GDPR grants you several rights in respect of your personal data and its processing. The applicable ones are:
- To be informed – the purpose of this information notice
- Access – you may obtain a copy of the personal data held about you
- Rectification – you may get errors in the data held about you corrected
- Erasure – subject to certain limitations, you have the right to have information about you erased
- Restriction and Objection– subject to certain limitations, you may object to, or request restriction of, processing
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of any of your information at any time. You also have the right to make a complaint about the processing of your data to the Data Protection Commission. You can obtain further information about your rights (and all your personal data protection rights in general) here: www.gdprandyou.ie
Further information about how Scouting Ireland processes your information can be found here: www.scouts.ie/Data-Protection
You can exercise any of these rights in connection with Scouting Ireland by contacting [email protected], and in connection with the 23rd Limerick Scout Group by contacting Barry Kennedy ([email protected])