We will be running our first camp since 2019 on the 24th – 26th of September. This will take place at the new County Campsite in Curraghchase (directions below). The cost of the camp will be €30 (which will include food and campsite fees) which must be paid next week (23rd September). The Beavers and Cubs will be joining us on Saturday for an investiture/award ceremony.
We will be meeting at the campsite at 7:00 pm on Friday and collection is 12 noon Sunday (returning to scout hall afterwards to help put away gear)
Tents for Scouts
Due to Covid-19, everyone will be in individual tents (Siblings may share). If your son/daughter has a tent, we would ask that they bring it along. This should be a small, 1-2 person tent, not a big family. If they don’t have a tent, let us know and we can supply one.
Venture Scouts will not require a tent – more details to follow
Investiture & Award Ceremony.
We will be holding the investiture for all sections on Saturday afternoon. We will be inviting parents of those getting invested to come out and join us for this. This will be between 3.30 pm and 5 pm on Saturday. This will be a great opportunity for you to see Scouting in action.
If your son/daughter does not have a neckerchief & woggle, please let us know ASAP and we will order them. This will cost €8.50
- Tent (See above)
- Sleeping bag
- Ground mat
- Warm clothes (3 changes of clothes)
- Rain gear
- Hiking boots
- Mug, Bowl, Plate, Spoon, Knife, Fork
- Tea towel
- Hand sanitizer
- Head torch
ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE NOT PERMITTED
There is a one-way system in place at the campsite. See Google Maps instructions here https://goo.gl/maps/rMpJKXfSG5NipG8UA
1. Head out the N69 (Limerick-Tralee Road) to Curraghchase
2. Continue past the main entrance for Curraghchase Forest Park (DO NOT GO INTO THE FOREST PARK) for 1.2km
3. Turn right at Killeen House B&B
4. Continue for 1.6km until you get to a fork in the road, veer left here
5. Continue for 2km until you reach a T-Junction. Turn right here
6. The Scout Campsite is 500m up this road on the right