Our next Scout event is the County Backwoods Event.
Please note: We are aware that the change of dates to the 19th/20th March does not suit everyone. As this is a County event, the rescheduling of the event is outside of our control. We would ask that you confirm if your son/daughter can or can’t attend by 5pm Wednesday 9th March as we need to let the County team how many will be attending.
- Start: Sat, Mar 19th 10 AM
- Finish: Sun, Mar 20th 12 PM
- Location: Castleconnell Scout Campsite
- Cost: €30pp
This event will be for teams of 4.
Required Personal Equipment:
- Raingear (Jacket & Trousers)
- Hat & Gloves
- Warm fleece
- 2 x Changes of clothes (1 Change packed in rucksack, 1 left with Scouter)
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat
- Survival bag
- Head Torch (with spare batteries)
- Bowl, Cup and Cutlery
- Penknife (suitable for survival tasks)
- Water Bottles – filled and in your Back Pack (To carry 2lt of water)
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Rucksack – ALL personal and Team equipment must fit into, or be attached to the Rucksacks. Allow room for some team gear
Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/maps/7T9HSgZbv9HeJJhz7
This event will cover elements of stage 3 in Backwoods so Scouts should familiarise themselves with these skills over the next few weeks. We’ll be covering most of it during Scout meetings but we’ll also add some resources (links, videos) to this section